"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." Aristotle

Friday, May 11, 2007

Know How To Get Rid Of A Sand Flea? Let A Dog Kill It...


There has been so much going on in the news lately and I have done well, biting my tongue, not making snide comments, so on, so forth... Hold on one second while I pat myself on the back....

Ok, I'm back....

Now, I am about to let loose the tongue....

I am a self admitted news junkie, I thrive on all the news, I visit several different sites a day, have alerts that come to my phone, etc.... One Headline caught my eye today, and just a forewarning you will probably get mad about what I am going to say, but oh, well, get over it....Ok??? Or better yet, stop reading!

The headline???

"Bush unsatisfied with Iraq war progress "
How the f*** did he think it was going to go??? Honestly? I mean we invade a country that is in a region that has been in conflict for HOW long now??? Hold on, let me find that fact...
God, I love ask Jeeves at times like these, here is what I pulled up:

"For more than 1,000 years, Iraq has served as a battleground for many of the events that have defined the schism between Sunni and Shia Muslims."
"Sunnis and Shias differ in doctrine, ritual, law, theology and religious organisation. It is the largest and oldest division in the history of Islam.
But the origins of the split lie in a dispute over who should have succeeded the Prophet Muhammad as leader of the Muslim community when he died in 632."

And yet, Bush is unsatisfied....Did he honestly believe that we would just be able to go in there with a wham bam thank you mam?? How naive can one be?
Before I go any further on this rant, let me make a quick interjection here, I 100% SUPPORT our TROOPS! They are doing their job, period.

Ok, now that I am done with that...

I am not disputing the fact, that yes, there has been good done over there. My argument is with our reasoning for being there. Why are we so damn ARROGANT as Americans to think OUR way is the right way for everyone???

So effing what, people were being killed...Sorry, that is just a fact of life...This world is a tough place to live in, but you know what? They obviously enjoy their environment because they keep repeating the same cycle OVER and OVER again....Let them kill each other off... Honestly, who the f*** cares....Do you??? I sure as hell don't...

I have reached a conclusion as to why our people care so much...Because the majority of the United States is Christian. Hold your horses, let me explain. What organizations hold the most money in the world? Religious organizations.. They are the drive behind some of the most powerful political campaigns, true? True. What is the one thing that the Christian people as a whole are supposed to do? Find lost souls and bring them to Christ, true? True. Now, how better to make MORE money, than to convert a WHOLE nation to Christianity? (you know that whole tithing thing)

Which us normal, logical folks would understand that, it just isn't going to happen. These people, Muslims, are very steadfast in their beliefs, they are not going to convert.. Period.

Mark this day down in History folks, because I'm going to let you in on a little secret...Democracy is NOT going to work in that country....Period. We can try and try to convert their government, but it isn't going to work in a nation that has so much civil unrest and hatred. All of these American lives that were lost, will be for naught.... And that is what Pisses me the f*** off...

My solution??? Simple, withdraw our troops and let them kill each other off, period....Chalk it up to a lost cause, but that is what it is.... Yes, I know the argument on how women are mistreated, yada, yada, yada...Who the fuck cares...Is it on our Soil? Nope....Then who cares...Does it affect me? Nope. Does it affect my surroundings? Nope.. Does it affect my economy, Nope.. Does it affect my Job? Nope....

Is it affecting our economy while we are there? Hell yeah! In a good way? Hell no!

0 comments: